Little things






i’m full of tender limbs today. it’s a sweet kind of pain that comes from having hands [and heart]
deep in work. after a month of pouring rain, the last few days have been sunshiny with
birdsong and butterflies sprinkling the air. so i’ve been busy domesticating, thoroughly dusting,
scrubbing, cleaning and cooking. now everything feels crisp and merry. and it’s lovely to
have fresh laundry smelling of clouds and sunshine.

we created a miniature windowsill garden outside our living room. the plants are still infants,
just smiling and spreading their fragile branches, but they are already filling us with their beauty
and love. i’m hoping to plant a couple of herbs more and attach a tiny birdbath to our little green
oasis.

over the weekend we met with friends, talked, laughed, dined at our favorite vineyard,
talked some more, shared our hearts and creative dreams, and missed each other’s company
even before we parted late last night.

don’t you think life’s beautiful when it’s made of simple things and beautiful people?
i wish you life made of such beauty.

now i have ironing to tend to. soon my house will be filled with one of my most favorite smells.
maybe i’ll play this sweet thing on my player and iron on.
do you love hayao miyazaki stories too? kiki and totoro are my absolute favorites.

. . .

little things seem nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually
seem odorless but all together perfume the air

 

georges bernanos

10 comments:

  1. Myiazaki is a pure genius. I've been in love with his work ever since I was a child.
    Yes, life is beautiful when full of simple things. I was eating the most juicy peach a few minutes ago, and thinking about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is. Thank you for sharing a little of your simple pleasure moments with me, Bobbi.
      Keep beautiful.

      Delete
  2. I miss you toooo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tucking a little wish in my heart to meet again soon.
      Until then filling silent love between our distance. Smile.

      Delete
  3. I love your writing in this post-how you have shared your simple thoughts with us...the beautiful captures add to your present mood... the flowers look so pure. I have not watched any of Myiazaki's movies or animated series but I have seen his sketches. I will watch now as you have recommended them.
    Loving all the whites here-sheets,towel ,vase and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so full of sweet words for me Sanghamitra, thank you. My appreciation runs deep.
    You'll clearly enjoy Miyazaki's emotive storytelling... there's so much innocence, heart, meaning and seraphic beauty in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful images. i love your writing - so evocative & warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! Made my heart sing - I could almost feel the lightness of your heart...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete



let my thoughts come to you
when I am gone
like the afterglow of sunset
at the margin of starry silence
- rabindranath tagore -