living feels more like devotion

living feels more like devotion






last night as we retired to bed, power went off. it was like someone blew out their birthday
candles and threw us a moonlight party. setting the perfect backdrop for dreams.
as the trees shone pale in the dark and earth continued to sedately dance its orbital dance,
we slept to the jugalbandi of flute and rain.

mornings come bearing beautiful narrations. and i find myself deeply awake to its stories.
of the streaming sun while i do yoga
of a little blooming pink rose as i water my plants
of happy smiles when i serve elaborate meals and
of my own peaceful heart as i sew myself a prayer carpet or meditate with my japamala.

with each day, living feels more like devotion.

these days, i’m caught in the kaleidoscope of my mundane life…
listening and learning, smiling and serving.

i sincerely hope life, simple or sensational, is smiling in your heart too.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Niru, for sharing this ! I loved this series of photographs of flowers and twigs in a glass jar. I can also identify with so many aspects in this post of yours. I used to do the Surya Namaskara daily , early in the morning and a little bit of other yoga postures, just a year back. And meditation is an ongoing process. I too have a japamala made of tulsi and at one point of time, I used it while saying mantrams in meditation.
    I did not learn any of these-just followed some books and DVDs, yet it helped me a lot to become physically and mentally strong.
    sending lots of love your way !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad to hear that you've been acquainted in the practice of yoga. its such a benefiting discipline, i hope you've not discontinued it.
      thank you for your presence here, as always :)

      Delete
  2. Your words and photos are always inspirational to me...
    Thank you for your beautiful words about Cameron. They mean a lot to me.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and its friends like you who make my day smile, thank you.
      god bless!

      Delete



let my thoughts come to you
when I am gone
like the afterglow of sunset
at the margin of starry silence
- rabindranath tagore -