lately





as i sit down to ink words after a long pause
my fingers begin to play on the keyboard
as if working a melody on the pianoforte
soft and eager to make lyrics

my silent pages here have been
rustling underneath with a chant of its own
alive with tradition, celebrations, lights,
tidying, cooking, hosting and tending

each day blessings from the autumn sun warms my heart
evenings come lit up with diyas and the silvered blanket of stars
thankfulness and poetry fill my breathing as i await
the beautiful melancholy of winter
…to meeting you there
…to sharing, stories and magic

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nirmala, Just chanced across your blog--it is breathtakingly beautiful. Love the photography and your quiet poetry. I'm adding it to my subscriptions, hope to see you post more often.

    Best,
    Gagan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the gift of your pleasant words, gagan
      its lovely to have you here. welcome!

      Delete



let my thoughts come to you
when I am gone
like the afterglow of sunset
at the margin of starry silence
- rabindranath tagore -