musings

these days





outside my window
everything is veiled in vapour
like a dimly knit earth’s dream.
the stillness of the mango leaves
is stirred by the gently falling rain
and the nomadic wind

i’m asked to fully bed rest
after my latest sonography
so i lay in bed all day
watching tattered clouds paint my surroundings
in hues of grey, mauve and pale gold

words are my constant company
in between my baby’s flutters
sometimes i sew a little, laying, until
my hands begin to sore, and i give up.
i’m letting these days become
a workshop in observation and quiet

.

to think that i live and share
my love and lamentations
with the whole life of this world
in its silently echoing, age-old language
makes me one with its music

5 comments:

  1. I have missed the wonderfully
    scented words you share Niru.
    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for visiting me here, kat
    and your words... they sweeten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to you Niru ! wishing all the happiness in the world to the mom to be !
    Take care,
    Sanghamitra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much sanghamitra!

      Delete
  4. oh! i missed this earlier!! how beautifully you express yourself...i have so much to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete



let my thoughts come to you
when I am gone
like the afterglow of sunset
at the margin of starry silence
- rabindranath tagore -