these days

these days...






as the day of meeting our baby is nearing
gratitude mists our eyes and
love floods our heart.

as a celebratory gift from my dear husband
on soon becoming a muma
i wished for a brass buddha
a special blessing of peace
to welcome and anoint our starchild.

i've been organizing an old white cupboard with baby things
laundering infant clothes and packing the hospital bag.
the sight of tiny linen kurtas and muslin wraps
gently fluttering and drying out in the sunshine melts me.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful feeling i imagine it is... I would totally love to see these little clothing....could u mail me the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet anticipation :-) Wishing all the best for you.

    ReplyDelete



let my thoughts come to you
when I am gone
like the afterglow of sunset
at the margin of starry silence
- rabindranath tagore -