morning walks

morning walks




somedays, i go for solitary walks in the morning
the winter garden is faded with fog
and the wind among the branches
of the wayside trees is solemn and still

i walk barefoot on the dew-bathed grass
and listen to the birds of the morning sing
i pluck jasmine flowers for my mandir
and gather fallen leaves that look like butterfly wings

in the distance, a lady feeds stale rotis to a street dog
the sun slowly rises on the horizon
blushing my face with its warmth

i gather my thoughts, made fragrant
with the flitting sweetness of flowers
and meditate on the moving shapes of clouds in the sky

on my way back, i shyly smile at passing strangers
hoping to pass on my joy as a gift
and their smile in response makes this world a beautiful place

when i return home, i’m greeted to excited squeals from my baby
and a beautiful handwritten letter from my soulmate
the feeling that surges inside me
turns into a quiet song deepened with love

2 comments:

  1. I dream to live in these beautiful little details.. Really mere reading this morning makes me feel immense happiness as though I am right there watching you experience it.. Soon with you around(mentally) I will surely learn to live life in these simple moments of ecstasy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for sharing these sweet thoughts.
      let's hope to take many beautiful walks together someday
      hand-in-hand and smiling in our hearts

      Delete



let my thoughts come to you
when I am gone
like the afterglow of sunset
at the margin of starry silence
- rabindranath tagore -