this quiet place

this quiet place





this quiet place
truly feels home.
my soul flows here in words
enveloped by the palpable calm
of this sweeping, bare white field.

i’m here even in my long pauses
but being away inflates me
with unspoken rain.
so i hope to attempt and steal little trysts.

. . .

while apart,
i’ve been journaling our little moments here
growing along with my beautiful daughter
gently treading backwards into our wise ancestral way-of-life
realizing the sacredness in worshipping
the sun and the moon, the trees and the season.
infusing my love for this world into my cooking
filling myself with peace
and returning to write these notes

. . .

i’ve missed you deeply

. . .

p.s: i’ve been unable to come here
as my soulmate’s been using
the computer for work all day long.

2 comments:

  1. it has been so lovely to see posts from you again. your peacefulness always blesses my heart. wishing you much joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your coming feels like the lighting of a candle in this quiet home (blog) of mine.
    thank you so much dearest, kindest sarah
    for being here and gifting me your presence always. i'm truly grateful.
    wishing you such kindness and love in return.

    ReplyDelete



let my thoughts come to you
when I am gone
like the afterglow of sunset
at the margin of starry silence
- rabindranath tagore -