these days

these days



are rhythmic like the monsoon’s refrain

in the mornings,
i take time to soften my skin
with warm abhyanga snan.
it has, all over again, become a ritual.

in the kitchen,
i spend time crushing spices in my little ceramic mortar
infusing the walls with its scent.
today, they’ll be used to season
palak paneer and a meethi [sweet] dal
there will also be rice, roti and honey caramelised pears
in sweetened yogurt for lunch

as dusk comes,
i sit by our window
and fix my gaze on the falling rain
through it, my thought wanders
both farther and into myself.

life is made fertile
with these simple everyday moments
that imitate themselves day after day, week after week

when night falls,
i go to sleep with two little words
repeating inside me

thank you

. . .

saturday early noon
the twenty fifth
śrāvaṇa

2 comments:

  1. The moment i read this, really felt like expressing the feelings that came over while imagining the description, but i just don't know what to say. . .smile. . you bring me a smile every time..
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. and knowing this makes me happy
    thank you for sharing.

    love

    ReplyDelete



let my thoughts come to you
when I am gone
like the afterglow of sunset
at the margin of starry silence
- rabindranath tagore -