first dusk of summer

first dusk of summer






with the coming of jyeṣṭha, summer is here.
but strangely, this first day has been without the sun.
grey and mute.
it's dusk now, and i sit here alone with the solemn hills watching me.

thoughts fill and overflow my mind
so much to feel.
so much to say.
but sometimes you don't have someone to share with
so i'm letting them hug me. snugly.

as words form and float inside my head
light is waning, outside. inviting the night to break forth with its stars.
slowly the veil of darkness is thickening upon the hills
somewhere on a tree a koel is crying her lullaby
i pull my blanket closer and continue to sit with my thoughts.

soon, night will tenderly close petals of lotuses in ponds
refill rustling minds with sleep
and let the new moon anoint the sky with the advent of grīṣma.

. . .

monday evening
the third
jyeṣṭha

No comments:

Post a Comment