spring feelings

   



thursday morning

the fourteenth

chaitra




. . .


meeting the messenger on the road and opening the letter

the spring breeze


kitō
















treading back to my quiet white place here after a year

with me, spring has returned too.

staining the world in its beautiful colours.


.

as i sit ushering words out of my mind,

the scent from champas on my desk comes to kiss my nose, again and again.

and ustad amir khan sings his khayal on the player as if,

he too is being touched by the sweetness of this spring morning. 


.


we welcomed the first day of chaitra with flowers in our hair.

fragrant mogras woven into gajras with hands that move slowly - two blooms at a time.

a skill i learnt in childhood from my neighbours, which feels like an asset now.

later we took pictures.

maybe a little of the day's fragrance is clasped inside the photograph now.


.


over the weekend, we went to an adventure sport park

it was our first time there and saanjh’s trying those stunts.

but she surprised us with her undaunted spirit

going about everything in the sweltering afternoon sun with a broad grin on her face.

by the end of our day there, her cheeks resembled a just-ripening tomato.

and our hearts the fully ripened ones.


the wild grass she picked for me from the park

now sways lightly in the southern breeze by the window.

another reminder of another beautiful spring day.


.


when i step into our little balcony garden to water my plants 

i see new roses blooming.

i've been collecting all our roses this season and decorating my mood-board with them.

so far, thirteen and counting.

yesterday, saanjh and i spent our entire evening and way past our bedtimes, watercolouring.

 today, all those small flowers painted on paper greet me with their myriad hues.

nothing else to ask for.

the mind seems blissfully maddened with spring feelings.



. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment